There are a ton of tools out there – free and paid – to manage your daily social media activity. I have picked out the primary tools that I use on a daily bases, for myself and my clients, that I think will be the most useful to share with you, the SMB owner. It will make your day-to-day social media activities and tracking easy and manageable. They are all free:
- HootSuite: All-in-one Social Media Dashboard. You can post to all your social media channels at the same times, schedule your tweets/posts, build a custom dashboard to monitor mentions, direct messages, followers, and search results to follow specific search keywords or hashtags. Hootsuite also provides analytics to measure short links. Its a great tool, I could not live without it! (The free version is a limited version for users who don’t require advanced tools. I think it is absolutely good enough for the SMB).
- SocialMention Real-time social media search monitoring tool that allows you to easily track and measure what people are saying about you, your company, your competitor, a new product, or any topic across the web’s social media landscape in real-time like Twitter, Facebook, FriendFeed, YouTube, Digg, Google, blogs etc. Great, easy to use to monitor all this.
- Google Analytics: Tracking and monitoring website visitors. It really gives you great insight into your website traffic data. An absolute MUST!
- Google Alerts: Automatically notifies you (by email or RSS) when new content from news, web, blogs, video and/or discussion groups matches a set of search terms that you’ve chosen. Keeps you on top of all that is being said out there.
- TwentyFeet: Aggregate your stats from your social media accounts it displays them in a nice slick interface all in one place.: Facebook, Twiiter, YouTube, Google Analytics, Bit.ly. One Twitter account and one Facebook user profile are free forever. Facebook pages, groups and apps are not free. For the first 30 days of your usage, every account you track with TwentyFeet is free of charge. It so cheap, it can almost be for free: $2.49 for one service account for one year. I use this all the time.
- TweetStats: Graph your Twitter Stats to see how many times you tweet per day or month. See who you’ve replied to the most, what Twitter apps you love and track your follower counts over time. Very useful little tool.
- Wefollow: Directory of Twitter users organized by interests so you can find new Twitter friends and potential clients in your area as well as very specific niche areas. Very easy to use and effective.
- Google Insights: Compare and gauge interest and volume in specific keyword search terms that are relevant and pertinent to your business and very important to include in your website and blog for SEO.
Please feel free to COMMENT below and let me know what free tools you use – this will be incredibly helpful to all of us.
Of course shoot me any questions – I will be happy to help and answer.