I’ve put together the most important updates that took place in September to keep you ahead of the curve in social media marketing for your business:
- Facebook Adds View Counts to Videos: With this new update people will be able to see how many views a video on Facebook has received:
- New Tools to Promote Facebook Events: Facebook has added new features that help Pages promote their events and see how they’re performing. Pages will be able to create ads for desktop and mobile News Feed to boost awareness of events and drive responses. Previously, these were only shown in the right-hand column on desktop. This is how the new event ad will look on the mobile New Feed. Pretty cool and useful!
- Facebook Updates News Feed: Facebook now shows more timely stories from friends and pages. With this new change, when a friend or page you are connected to posts about something that is currently a hot topic of conversation on Facebook, that post is more likely to appear higher up in news feed, so you can see it sooner:
- Facebook Allows Users to Save Links in Photo Posts: The save feature on Facebook now allows users to save links in photo posts. You can also save multiple links and tagged Pages in posts:
- Facebook Stops Personal Promoted Posts from Personal Profiles: Did you notice? Facebook quietly removed this feature which allowed users to pay to get their posts on their personal profile more visibility in the news feed:
- Google Introduces Free Voice Calls From Hangouts: You can make free voice calls from Hangouts on Android, iOS and the web. It’s free to call other Hangouts users, it’s free to call numbers in the U.S. and Canada, and you can call internationally for “low rates”. Skype…WATCH OUT!
- Instagram’s Hyperlapse Introduces Selfielapse: The recent Hyperlapse update allows you to use your front-facing camera to shoot a video of yourself:
- Amazon Enables Access to Amazon Wish List Via Twitter: You can now add items to your Amazon Wish Listwithout leaving Twitter:
- Google Analytics Introduces New Benchmark Reports: You can now compare your results to peers in your industry, choosing from 1600 industry categories, 1250 markets and 7 size buckets:
- Vine Introduces New Camera & Features: This new camera release gives you creative freedom to edit your videos, import existing videos on your phone and turn them into Vines – all within the app!
- SlideShare Introduces Animated GIF Feature: Make your slides a little more lively with ”GifDeck”, this new tool converts your SlideShare into an animated GIF, and you can embed the GIF in an email, blog post or post it to Twitter. Nice!
That’s it for now. I hope this helps you keep up to date and makes you more productive in your social media marketing for your business! Please feel free to share!
Sign up HERE to get my blogs directly to your inbox! I keep them practical and useful to help you get results for your business.