If you’re trying to build your brand using Facebook with a strong a content marketing strategy, you’ll love this new update. Facebook recently launched Author Tags to help you connect with your fans.
Facebook’s Author Tag is somewhat similar to Google’s discontinued Authorship system, which provided author information for results that would come up in Google searches. In Facebook’s case, anytime a piece of content – like a blog or article that uses the Author Tag – is posted and shared, that post will include a link back to the author’s Facebook page along with either a “Follow” or “Like” button, depending on how the Author Tag is set up (to follow on a personal profile or like on a business page).
How Author Tag works and why it’s so great: Once a person clicks on a post shared to Facebook, a connection is established between the Facebook post and the Page or Profile. When the reader returns to his or her Newsfeed, the preview will contain a FOLLOW button for authors using the Author Tag in their personal Facebook Profiles, and a LIKE button for those using it with their Facebook Pages, as well as a text link to the relevant source.
- For Personal Profiles, you increase your followers and these are potential clients that have chosen to receive and read more of your content.
- For Business Pages, you increase Likes to your page and these are also potential clients that will now see your posts in their newsfeed.
- PLUS — when people click on the link that appears to your blog or articles – this brings MORE traffic to your website.
- Every time someone shares this post, these new features will show up.
(A Facebook “follower” is someone who “follows” your personal profile. They don’t have to be a “friend”, but they will receive notifications whenever you post something.)
You have two options for implementing Author Tags:
1. Implement the code on your website.
2. Pull the link from your business page or personal profile using the Yoast WordPress SEO Plugin.
Follow these instructions here to set up your Author Tags.
Selling stuff on Facebook? You can now receive your cash via messenger before you send the goods, or you can send a friend some cash for his or her birthday. Simply add a US bank-issued debit card to your account. Concerned about security? You may choose to enter your Facebook password as an additional security measure when you next send money.
Now you can enjoy all the features of Messenger without a Facebook account, or the distractions that come with it. All you need to access video and voice calling, photos, group chats, stickers and more, is a phone number.
3V advertising offers beautiful, engaging video advertising for businesses wishing to reach their growing 13-34 year-old audience. Currently, more that 60% of U.S. 13-34 year-olds use Snapchat. Every day 2+ billion video views occur on Snapchat. If your target audience is young, consider Snapchat advertising.
You can now explore minute-by-minute, real-time data behind the more than 100 billion search keywords that take place on Google every month, to see what search terms are trending that can impact search results for your business. During major or news-worthy events like the Oscars or the NBA Finals, you’ll be able to track the stories most people are searching for and where in the world interest is peaking.
Why is it important to get a real-time info of search volume on keyword searches and how can this help your business?
- Enhance and boost your Google Adwords campaign.
- Use these trending keywords in your blogs and social media posting for that day or week. You will have more chances that Google will rank your content in top search results.
That’s it for June. Stay posted to see what July holds.